· The wiper insert is designed with a wiper edge that is situated where the straight edge meets the corner radius.
· In comparison to conventional inserts, the surface finish does not deteriorate even if the feed rate is doubled.
· Machining at high feed rates improves machining efficiency.
• Improving Surface Finish Under the same machining conditions as conventional breakers, but with the feed rate increased, the surface finish of the workpiece can be improved.
• Improving Efficiency High feed rates not only shorten machining times but also make it possible to combine roughing and finishing operations.
• Increased Tool Life When a change to high feed conditions, the time required to cut one component is decreased, thus more parts can be machined with each insert. In addition, the high feed rate prevents rubbing, therefore, delaying the progression of wear and increasing the tool life of the insert.
Special attention is not necessary when using C-style and W-style inserts
No Restriction for Holders
The standard holder can be used as it is. (*The double clamp, high rigidity holder is recommended.)
Restriction for Holders
Use a holder with an end cutting angle of 93° to improve wiper efficiency. A holder with a cutting edge angle of 91° can marginally improve wiper efficiency (see the figure below), however, there is no wiper efficiency with other end cutting angles (60°, 90°, 107°etc.).