• Wiper inserts for ASX445 are single-cornered.
• When installing the wiper insert, place the insert so that the cutting edge is located as shown Fig.1.
Do not install the wiper insert as Fig.2
• Recommended depth of cut is ap = .008-.020(inch).
(Be aware of cutting load if the depth of cut is over the recommendation.)
• The major cutting edge of a wiper insert should be set inside as shown. This is to prevent heavy loads on the wiper and ensure the regular insert after the wiper takes the cutting load. To prevent fracture, set the feed under .008 inch/tooth.
• Excellent finished surfaces achieved with one wiper.
• Set more than 2 wiper inserts, equally spaced, when the feed per revolution is larger than the width of the wiper edge.