● For safety and success, always pre-drill the hole with a pilot drill.
This is especially true for drilling small sizes less than .1200" [2.9mm].
1. A pilot hole must proceed application of LB drill.
2. Use a SB drill with the same diameter for pilot hole.
3. Depending on cutting conditions peck feeding may be necessary.
● Minimum coolant pressure = 800psi (5.5 MPa).
● Coolant must have Extreme Pressure (EP) Additives.
● Positive displacement type coolant pump is required.
● Coolant filter must be less than 5 microns. Fine filtration is necessary to prevent blockage of the coolant Holes.
In order for micro MZS Drills to perform properly you must satisfy the following requirements.
1. High pressure pump system (800 psi or greater)
2. Filter to 5 microns
3. Runout <.0003 max.
4. Coolant with Extreme Pressure additives
5. Use MZE pilot drill
6. Recommended for rotating drill applications