August 31, 2018
Mitsubishi Materials is proud to announce the launching of Micro MFE (Metric) Drills.
• A total of 45 new metric sizes offered from 0.75mm to 2.95mm diameters
• Available in 2xD, non-coolant through
• New “Z” type thinning
• Wavy cutting edge
• Gash land for stronger corner
• Smooth surface for clearance
• Adopted New-coating called DP102A for micro diameter to achieve longer tool life.
Applications to Target
• Steels, stainless steels, cast iron and aluminum
• Applications that require drilling into: angled surfaces, curved surfaces, shoulder drilling, thin plate drilling, intersecting and eccentric/cast hole drilling
• New “Z” type thinning lowers the thrust force and provides excellent chip evacuation
• Wavy cutting edge combines two different radius sizes which provides a strong cutting edge and excellent chip control
• Gash land for stronger corner (with 0 degree rake) provides excellent chipping resistance
• Smooth surface clearance provides reduced deflection and excellent position accuracy