April 22, 2017
Mitsubishi Materials is proud to announce the New Impact Miracle ball nose end mill series (VFR2SB & VFR2SBF)
· 36 ea. VFR2SB metric sizes offered from 0.2mm to 20mm diameters
· 8 ea. VFR2SBF metric sizes offered from 1mm to 6mm diameters
· Both series are 2 fluted and designed for machining hardened steels from 45 HRc to 70 HRc
· New (Al, Cr, Si)N coating
· VFR2SB – New cutting edge shape optimized to machining hardened steel.
· VFR2SBF – New ZERO-μ surface for mirror surface finish
· Hardened steels from 45 HRc to 70 HRc
· The combination of the new (Al, Cr, Si)N coating, which has a high oxidation temperature and high lubricity, together with the (Al, Ti, Si)N coating, which has better wear resistance and high adhesion, allows for machining of hardened steels and achieving longer tool life.
· VFR2SB - The new cutting edge shape (strong “S” curve) has optimized the cutting edge curve, helix angle and rake angle to provide improved edge strength at all areas of the ball blades.
· VFR2SBF – The new ZERO-μ surface provides for a mirror finish cutting.